In 2023, Employee Appreciation Day is being celebrated on Friday, March 3. It’s right around the corner which means planning needs to be in FULL SWING!
Want to Throw the Ultimate Employee Appreciation Day Celebration? Follow These 5 Tips!Feb 17, 2023
Employees should be appreciated each and every day, but hey – why not make them feel extra special this Employee Appreciation Day? It’s quite literally the perfect excuse to have some fun, to spread some thanks, and to build a company culture full of gratitude.
In 2023, Employee Appreciation Day is being celebrated on Friday, March 3. It’s right around the corner which means planning needs to be in FULL SWING! Not sure where the heck to start with the whole planning process? We’ve got you covered with 5 EAD celebration MUSTS. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s party!
The Keys to Throwing An Awesome EAD Celebration
Focus on Fun
As I said above, Employee Appreciation Day is the perfect excuse to have fun at work! Why not take it? Your employees are used to the everyday work grind. If you throw in some fun activities or games, it will be a memorable and refreshing break from the same old, same old. Need some ideas? Of course we’ve got you covered!
- Creative Station – Here at Baudville, we love a craft break. From painting tiny canvases to filling in coloring books or crafting personalized cards, the creative station possibilities are literally endless. The best part? It’s not only a time for fun, but a time for mindfulness. Employees will leave feeling rejuvenated, creative, and refreshed.
- Games – A Mario Cart Tournament!? In the office!? GASP. Yep, it’s one of many game day possibilities. You can play video games, board games, sports, or anything in between. Who doesn’t love some healthy competition and team building?
Snacks are Essential
I, like many, am a food motivated person. Present me a cupcake and I will remember it for the rest of my life. Throw a celebration with no food at all? I will remember that for the rest of my life, too. Okay, I might be a little dramatic BUT either way, food is an EAD celebration must. Why? Because food brings people together. It’s the centerpiece. It’s what connects us all at the end of a long work day. Plus, there’s so much you can do to create a fun and memorable food experience this EAD!
- Charcuterie – You think we’re in the 21st century? WRONG. We are in the charcuterie century. Cheese and crackers are in – and don’t you dare forget about the salami and prosciutto. Why am I talking about this beautiful and tasty art form? Because building a charcuterie board is a relaxing, fun, and educational activity. You can have a chef come in with the supplies, run a short class, and teach people how to make a beautiful plate. The best part? At the end you get to eat it all!
- We All Scream For Ice Cream – People love treats, and who can blame them? Throw a little ice cream party with a bunch of packaged selections from the grocery store. Want to go even bigger? Many companies offer ice cream truck rentals for corporate events!
- Free Food is Better Food – At least that’s my philosophy. A classic, timeless, and fun Employee Appreciation Day option is as simple as providing a catered lunch for your staff. Yum!
Meditation and Mindfulness
Relaxation and wellness are essential for great ideas to come to fruition. That’s why we love offering mental wellness and rejuvenation time! Here’s some quick and easy ideas to promote mindfulness this EAD:
- Meditation – 10 minutes of meditation can have a lasting impact on someone’s day. That’s why we like to invite a meditation instructor into our office every now and then for guided sessions. Turn the lights off in a conference room, set some 10-minute session times, and let the meditation do its thing.
- Stretching – Host a short stretching session to relieve work-related tensions! After sitting at a desk for so long each day, a stretch here and there is essential for physical wellness, but it’s also a way to re-center the mind. Say goodbye to tension and hello to triumph!
No More Boring Awards
Employee Appreciation Day is the perfect time to award your brightest stars with some fun and meaningful trophies. While end of year awarding is all about numbers, sales, and all things serious, EAD awards have a whole bunch of wiggle room for some super fun titles! A trophy for the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time)? Great idea! An award for the ultimate Rock Star? Splendid! What about for someone who is the “Bomb.com?” Of course!
Simply Say "Thank You"
This one might seem super obvious. Right now you might even be thinking to yourself, “DUH, Amy. Tell me something I don’t know.” But here’s the thing. After weeks of planning and a day full of events, it can be easy to forget the actual WHY of the holiday. In the whirlwind of it all, make sure to take some time to say thank you with intentionality. Want to say it in a different way? Here’s some ideas:
- Hand write a message on a card and deliver it to your employee’s desk
- Give a little gift of appreciation
- Send them a free electronic E-Praise – it will show up in their email
- Take your employees out to an after-work happy hour
So there you have it. 5 tips to help you craft the ultimate Employee Appreciation Day that will be talked about around the office for years to come! While it may seem like a big lift, the most important thing is making sure that your employees feel appreciated. The rest is all extra!